Monday, February 28, 2022

Brook Dawg & HSB Ken shine on "You don't know my story"

     When a rap song comes out with this much soul and truth to it, it's only right that you have to play it a few times back to back after the first listen.  I had to give this song a listen in the headphones, in the car, in the shower, while I was having a drink & while I was in the car ride.  This is song is pretty much spiritual and Brook Dawg did what needed to be done on the verses.  HSB Ken shines on the hook & it takes the song to another level with his vocal ability and soulful voice.  The song is produced by super producer Nyght Ryder. You can hear the pain, the hurt, and the seriousness in Brook Dawg verses.  I can admit the 2nd verse on this song brought tears to my eyes and I had to hold back the tears for a minute.  Some of the 2nd verse is like a dedication to his mother....many of the things he has saying to his mother I have thought or said to my mother before.  If I must say so, this song is a perfect 10/10.  Hopefully when Brook Dawg is released from jail, he will shoot a music video to this one because this is a special song right here.  The family aspect Brook speaks on is touching and revealing.  "Ma, i'm sorry for all the shit I put you through, you raised me right, prayed for me at night, didn't turn your back, I fuck with you. Ma please forgive me for all this pain, yeah it's fucked up, I fucked up, you didn't raise me this way. U taught me to keep my faith, hit my knees and pray, get my bread, keep my head up, & keep niggaz out my face"....anytime an artist is vulnerable enough to rap lyrics as deep as this, you have to appreciate it & salute that artist.  Yall don't know my story, yall don't know my grind. FREE BROOK!!!!

 



 

SPOTIFY: https://open.spotify.com/track/2IBFIKBlN5gaA4XGOFGDxi?si=a87c522f2de248ce

APPLE MUSIC: https://music.apple.com/us/album/yall-dont-know-my-story-feat-hsb-ken/1610312152?i=1610312154

No comments:

Post a Comment