Monday, July 4, 2022

Therapy Tapes by Old Man Brandon is a must listen

 Old Man Brandon releases "Therapy Tapes" and the first song "Therapy" touches my soul instantly.  A subject that is not discussed as much as it should be these days is actually really dope to hear on a song.  A person realizing they need help & reaching out for help to make improvements and to better their life is amazing.  This song alone is super powerful & the world needs to hear it.  "Super Manic" follows up Therapy and this is another introspective song that I love.  I can honestly say this album is good for your soul & it's good for your mind. To hear Old Man Brandon speaking about mental illness & going through life struggles is a breath of fresh air because I know a lot of people will be able to relate to this.  "Nightmares" is another one that is deep & it's like a guilty pleasure because the beat is so perfect on this song.   I can honestly say pay attention to all of the words that are being spoke on all these songs & this album is deep.  "I'm having nightmares about my job", anybody who ever felt like this & or been at a job they hate will love this one.  This album is spiritual & real.  The lyrics on "Pull Me Through" are so real, so accurate, so honest, & brave.  I wish more rappers would be this brave on their songs.  "I got faith he will pull me through all this".  It's lines/hooks like that on this project that makes me restart a song & play it again from the top.  The song "Forever" has a melodic feel & it's a different vibe from everything else on the project but it fits in perfectly.  Krizz Kaliko makes an appearance on "Disappear" & this is another brutally honest song that I can appreciate it.  A song about not wanting to live, not wanting to die, but just wanting to disappear for a little bit.  "Inside it kills" is another one that I love, Old Man Brandon is speaking on how things change, people change, & getting cheated on.  A vulnerable song that is written amazingly & the title alone is amazing.  The album speaks on "Fairweather Fans" & of course he speaking on how people change & how people treat you when you don't do what they want.  Fairweather Fans vs. Real Fans, it's always good for an artist to know the difference.  Listen to this song & you'll know what type of fan someone is.  Old Man Brandon "Therapy Tapes" is a must listen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment