Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Passive is really, really rapping on "The Lost Demo"

 The hard hitting  "Identity intro" caught my attention from the beginning.  The switch up of
the flows, the  beat, the overall feel of this song along had me excited to hear more.  Passive releases "The Lost Demo" & it is 14 songs of greatness.  14 songs of great production, great lyrics, and amazing talent.  On "Sheesh" Passive raps "Pride got a funny way of showing it's face" & this song gives me a classic east coast feel with some top tier rapping.  G Monsta makes an appearance on "Same Ol Same" & it's one of the standout tracks on the project.  "Like it is" has that gritty feel & the beat is contagious.  I also love the beat switches in some of the songs which keeps each song interesting & it keeps you on your toes.  "Pretty like the moon" is one of the ones that I had to keep on repeat.  The vibe on this song is very different from everything on the project.  If you really appreciate some great rapping, story telling, lyricism & excellent song making then this is the project for you.  "Broke" is one of them ones as well.  I'm amazed at the wordplay & the overall feel of this song.  "I don't wanna be broke forever, tell me where to find the treasure". "One Day Vacay" is something special.  The flow on this one gets me going & the beat has that bop to it that I like.  "The world isn't perfect, this place is a mess".  The lyrics in this song touches my soul, I need to take me a one day vacay real soon & let this song play on repeat out loud while i'm relaxing.  "Something in the water, got me wanting something more"...it's some lines in this song that really had me reflecting & had me wanting more.  Passive shows his versatility on "I pray" & it fits perfectly on this album.  Passive released 14 songs of wonderful music that the world needs to hear.  Do yourself a service & enjoy this masterpiece.  



No comments:

Post a Comment